TLDR: If you are a digital marketer looking for free marketing tools, you’re in luck. In this post you will find 101 free tools for digital marketers with a usable plan.In this post you’ll find a list of free website design tool, free video creation tool, free SEO tools and the list goes on.
If you are reading this post I assume you are a suave digital marketer.
You are a marketing machine who can pull off campaigns that otherwise takes an agency.
You hate to waste time waiting and believe in pulling up your sleeves and doing stuff on your own.
Therefore, like every smart marketer you need a toolbox. And I believe I created the most comprehensive list of free digital marketing tools available.
It took me some time to create this list because I personally checked every link to make sure that they have a usable free plan.
As a result, you have now a huge list of free tools at your disposal that covers every aspect of digital marketing and beyond.
Free website design tools
In the list of free tools for digital marketers, websites will still remain the top priority. Traditionally, website design needs a lot of time, effort, and money. Not anymore! Use these free website design tools to create a website for you or your client for free.
- WordPress: Almost 60% of the dynamic website on the Internet uses WordPress. WordPress is an open-source platform. It comes in two flavors, WordPress.org, where you download the software and host it on your own and wordpress.com, the hosted version.
- Google My Business: If you are looking for a simpler website Google has a plan for small businesses. You sign up for Google’s ‘My Business’ plan and get a free website and hosting place. This is a template-based service and comes with some limitations.
- Wix.com: Wix is a platform that gives you the freedom to create, design, manage, and develop your web presence exactly the way you want. In addition to web design, it also provides a free logo maker that you can use to create a visual identity for your business.
- Weebly: It is one of the oldest website design platforms around. Using Weebly you can easily build a free website to help you get discovered and grow your customer base in style.
- About.me: If you are looking at creating a “one-page” website for personal branding, this service is for you. Using About.me you can create a stunning personal website and use it everywhere, online and offline, to promote yourself.
- Yola: Using Yola, you can create a free website that looks amazing on all devices, even if you don’t have technical experience. You can make your free website with its easy drag and drop functionality. The editor is super intuitive and you get everything you need at your fingertips.
- Site123: It claims to be the easiest website builder. Using Site123 you can create a website using ready-made styles and layouts. You start with inputting your business category and the design wizard will tell you what to do, step by step. No design or technical expertise required.
- Webnode: You can create a professional-looking website with Webnode in just minutes, even if you have never designed a website previously. Webnode claims that more than 40 million users have built websites using their platform.
- Leia: What if you can describe your website and the editor builds it for you? Sounds like magic? Well, it’s not, it’s Artificial Intelligence (AI). Leia is a website builder that uses artificial intelligence to design and publish beautiful, mobile responsive websites. All you do is describe the website you want, sit back, and it’ll be done, automagically!
- Mobirise: If you want an offline website builder, Mobirise is the perfect tool for you. Offline builders are useful because you can use them without connecting to the internet. Using Mobirise you can easily create websites, landing pages, online resumes, and portfolios. It comes with an inbuilt library of 2500+ beautiful website blocks, and templates.
Free website hosting services
Creating a website is only half job done. Use these services to host your website for free.
- Freehostingnoads.net: In their word “It’s absolutely FREE and you can use it for as long you like. Your FREE account will not expire, nor we will force you to upgrade after a trial period.”
- Biz.nf: Provides free hosting services with no ads. They seem to be quite popular among review sites.
- AWS Activate: it’s a program offered by Amazon. All start-ups can apply for the Self-Starter package. Includes AWS free usage tier and one-month AWS support.
- Google Cloud Platform: Google provides $300 in credit to launch your idea. Using the Google Cloud Platform start-ups can build, test, and deploy applications on Google’s infrastructure.
- Freehostia: You can use Freehostia to hot up to 5 domains, ad-free. It comes with a 1-Click applications Installer that can install Joomla, WordPress, or many other free web applications with just a click.
Free video creation tools
Video is another problem area for marketers. Videos rule social media but they are difficult to create. However, with the help of these free tools for digital marketers you can create eye catching videos with ease.
- Rocketium: A video marketing tool from India that’s making waves with its suite of video and image creation products, consisting of a DIY video maker, image and video API for automation, and a fully integrated white-label solution.
- Animaker: Animaker enables even non-designers to create animated and live-action videos that can be used anytime, anywhere. Apart from the drag and drop interface, Animaker comes with an easy to use Character Builder module that enables anyone to create engaging animated videos.
- Motionden: They claim to be the easiest way to make awesome videos. Motionden’s workflow is organized around templates. You start by selecting the type of video you want to create from a comprehensive list of categories.
- Powtoon: Powtoon is probably one of the oldest video marketing tools out there. Founded in 2012 Powtoon has evolved over the years to be an ‘all in one’ video marketing suite. Be it for marketing, IT, HR, Internal Communication, or L&D, Powtoon has got you covered.
- Adobe Spark: It’s a Fee online video maker with music and pictures by Adobe. Using Spark you can create compelling video content with ease!
- Animatron: Using Animatron you can make explainer videos, whiteboard animations, stunning presentations, and more. You can choose from thousands of free, pre-animated characters, backgrounds, and props that will make your creation come alive.
- Clipchamp: Clipchamp Create lets you create videos for YouTube to Tik Tok, social video ads, and more. It gives you all the essential editing options of a modern video maker including trimming, cutting, speed control, titles, filters, and more in one place.
- Typito: It’s a tool similar to Canva, but for videos. You can use its drag and drop and professionally designed graphic overlays to make engaging videos for social media marketing.
- Soapbox: It’s a tool offered by Wistia, a private video hosting platform. With Soapbox, all you need to create a great video is their Chrome extension, a webcam, and something to say! Hit record, and then edit to share your webcam, your screen, or a split-screen view.
- Loom: It’s a tool that enables you to use the expressiveness of video with the convenience of messaging. With Loom, you can capture your screen, voice, and face and instantly share your video in less time than it would take to type an email.
You may also like: 5 POWERPOINT ALTERNATIVES TO AVOID DEATH BY POWERPOINT
Free graphic design tools
No Photoshop? No worries!
- Photopea: It’s an online alternative to Photoshop. It’s free and supports a wide range of file formats including PSD, Sketch, Adobe XD, and Corel Draw.
- Stencil: It is an easy to use design tool for entrepreneurs, content creators, and marketers. With 1000+ templates and 22,000,00+ stock photos, this tool is more than enough for all your visual design needs.
- Snappa: It’s a design tool that allows you to create visual content as easily as a snap. Using Snappa you can create graphics for social media, ads, blogs, and more – without hiring a designer.
- Bannersnack: It’s a tool more suitable for marketers who use display advertising. Having said that, you can still use it to create social media assets with ease.
- Canva: Canva is a game-changer. Canva is a free tool that allows you to create beautiful designs by just dragging and dropping objects. They also have a collection of professionally made layouts for just about any occasion.
- Crello: It’s a design tool launched by the folks from Depositphotos. If you like illustration style designs, they have some very beautiful ones in their library.
- DesignWizard: DW is a new entry to the market. The folks at DW pitch themselves as an extremely viable alternative to the likes of Canva or Crello etc.
- Placeit: It’s an interesting tool that allows you to create beautiful product mock-ups.
- Artify: It’s a visual editor focused on art style visual look. Artify is a web-based design editor packed with a huge library of design assets including 2 million icons, 3k Illustrations, 3k mock-ups, and thousands of elements and assets like patterns, photos, abstract shapes, and more.
- Projector: It’s a platform that helps you craft your story, from live presentations to Instagram stories, Projector gives you the creative power to captivate an audience — no design skills required.
Free Infographic Tools
Infographics are great for driving engagement. Create your own using these free tools.
- Piktochart: It offers you an easy way to create infographics. With a variety of templates and a bag full of beautiful visuals, Poktochartl can be accessed through your web browser and doesn’t require any special downloads.
- Vengage: As the name itself suggests Vengage is built to engage. It is one of the most user-friendly platforms to create your infographics and share them in the best presentable way.
- Visme: Even a complete beginner can create a professional-looking infographic using Visme.It even has a section called ‘Visme Varsity’ dedicated to learning the tool and other nuances related to design and storytelling.
- Infogram: If you are a business user and your primary requirement is data visualization, this is the ideal tool for you.
- Easelly: It’s a simple infographic maker that lets anyone visualize any kind of information. You can convert your boring text content or tables to engaging and beautiful graphics using Easelly
Free logo maker
Need a logo? Use Hatchful by Shopify
- Hatchful: It’s a logo design service by Shopify that allows even non-designers to create a professional-looking logo.
Free Music Makers
Worried about copyrights? Compose your own music using these apps even if you don’t know a thing about music production.
- AIVA: It’s a platform that uses Artificial Intelligence to create music across genres like Cinematic, Electronic, Pop, Rock, Fantasy, Jazz, and so on.
- BandLab: It’s an all in one music creation platform catering from noobs to ninjas. BandLab also doubles up as a social network where you can share your music and build a fan following.
- LoopLabs: It’s a cloud-based collaborative music studio. Anyone can use LooLabs to create professional-quality music. No technical expertise required.
- Incredibox: This is probably one of the most fun apps that you can use to make your own music tracks. Unlike the other apps on the list, Incredibox takes a completely visual approach which makes the whole process of composing music super fun.
- Soundtrap: It’s is a complete music creation studio on your laptop, phone, or tablet. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned musician you can create your own music using Soundtrap.
Free web analytics tools
You can’t improve what you can’t measure. So keep your goals with these free web analytics tools.
- Google Analytics: GA Needs no introduction. It’s the most widely used web analytics tool in the world and entirely free.
- Open Web Analytics: If you prefer an open-source option, try Open Web Analytics. Since it is open-source, you can customize it to meet your exact needs.
Free Marketing tools
Here’s a list of tools that caters to various aspects of your marketing campaign.
- Genetify: It’s a free A/B testing tool. The developers claim it to be comparable to commercial services like Optimost and Maxymiser.
- Google Optimize: Using this offering from Google you can create personalized experiences and run website tests — for free.
- Mautic: Mautic is a completely free open-sourced Marketing Automation platform.
- Jitsi: It’s a multi-platform open-source video conferencing that is 100% free.
- Cyfe: Do you need an all in one dashboard to monitor your key data? Head over to Cyfe and sign-up for their free plan.
- Wistia: If you are not happy with YouTube for your video hosting needs, try Wistia. It has a free plan where you can upload up to 3 videos per month for free.
- Headliner: Want to add some visual interests to your podcasts before sharing on social media? Try Headliner. You can add a waveform to grab people’s attention and let them know there is audio playing.
You may also like: 5 PRO MARKETING LESSONS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR STARTUP STANDOUT
Free SEO Tools
No list of free tools for digital marketers is complete without SEO tools. Below are some great options.
- Keyword Tool: Want an easy way to find what your audience is searching for? Keyword Tool can generate up to 750 suggestions for every keyword.
- SEO Tool for Excel: What if I tell you, that you can do all your SEO research right from your Excel spreadsheet? The SEO Tool for Excel exactly does that. It is a completely free, but very powerful tool created by Niels Bosma.
- Yoast: It’s the best SEO plugin for WordPress. Yoast not only provides a ton of value for free but also teaches you how to master SEO, step by step.
- Keyword Hero: This tool replaces Google Analytics’ (not provided) with your real search keywords. You can see your landing pages‘ organic search keywords including all session metrics, using Keyword Hero.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider: The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler that helps you improve onsite SEO, by extracting data & auditing for common SEO issues.
- Postaga: It’s an outreach tool that helps you to get more backlinks, shares, and build better relationships with the community.
You may also like: THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO LEARNING DIGITAL MARKETING FOR FREE (UPDATED 2020)
Free stock photos and videos
Visuals play an important role in conveying your message. Therefore, I have included these websites that offer quality images for free, in my list of free tools for digital marketers
- Unsplash: It’s probably one of the most popular sources for downloading high resolution and high-quality free photos.
- Pixabay: Another great source for finding high-quality free photos. On Pixabay, you can find over 1.7 million+ high-quality stock images and videos.
- Pexels: A superb website where you can find thousands of free images shared by talented photographers.
- Startup Stock Photos: If you are looking for tech-related stock photos, this is the site for you.
- Reshot: You can find thousands of beautiful free images in Reshot. You can use them any way you like. All images are free from copyright restrictions.
Want to create that sophisticated look for your campaigns? Use the amazing illustrations provided by these websites.
- unDraw: It’s an open-source illustration library for any idea you can imagine and create. You can browse to find the images that fit your needs and click to download for free.
- DrawKit: A 100% free library of weekly updated hand-drawn vector illustration and icon resources.
- Freepik: Probably one of the oldest resources for downloading free illustrations. You can download the resources in AI/PSD format for further editing.
- Icons8: A platform dedicated to free vector illustrations for user interfaces.
- Lukaszadam: MIT licensed SVG illustration images in different shapes & styles.
We all need icons and here are the best free sources.
- Iconfinder: It’s a massive library of free icons on a wide range of topics. You can also choose to upgrade to a paid plan and get access to premium assets.
- The Noun Project: Probably the most famous source for quality icons on the Internet.
- Free Icons: One of the largest databases of free icons. Icons are available in PNG, SVG, EPS, PSD, and BASE 64 formats.
- Streamline Icons: It’s the world’s largest icon pack with over 30,000 free icons.
- Flaticon: If you like flat style icons, this is the place for you. The library has over 2,950,500 icons available in PNG, SVG, EPS, PSD, and BASE 64 formats.
Want copyright free music? Download from these websites.
- YouTube Free Music: It’s a little known fact that YouTube has a free inbuilt music library that you can use for your projects.
- FreePD: 100% free music to use how you want.
- Starfrosch: No copyright (CC0) music that you can download as MP3.
- Freesound: It’s a collaborative database of Creative Commons Licensed sounds.
- Eoun: A huge library of free tracks.
Free writing tools
You won’t probably think of writing tools while creating list of free tools for digital marketers. But think about it. Writing is the backbone of every campaign.
- Grammarly: A writing tool that uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing to make your online writing clear and effective.
- SEMrush SEO Writing Assistant: An assistant that helps you to write SEO optimized content. It integrates with Google Docs as well as WordPress
- Shosho: It scans through more than 130.000 writing style mistakes.
- Hemingway Editor: Hemingway makes your writing bold and clear. The app highlights lengthy, complex sentences and common errors.
- StoryChief SEO Writing Tool: Optimize your blog posts for SEO and distribute them with a click.
Free Survey Tools
Surveys can be used as an engagement channel. So I decided some of the best in my list of free tools for digital marketers.
- Survey Monkey: Probably one of the oldest and best-known survey tools available. The basic free plan is good enough for most of us.
- Google Forms: If you want a simple survey Google Form is the easiest tool to use.
- Typeform: It revolutionized surveys by converting boring forms into a visual experience. The free plan has limited features but still worth a try.
- Feedier: It’s a lot more than a survey tool. You can measure real-time satisfaction, get visual data-insights, and engage people better using Feedier’s gamified Feedback forms.
- LimeSurvey: It is an open-source tool that you can use for your online surveys.
Free email marketing tools
My list of free tools for digital marketers will not even be a list without these email marketing tools.
- Mailchimp: It’s not just an email marketing tool. Mailchimp is an all in one marketing platform. And you can use it for free for up to 2,000 contacts.
- SendPulse: It’s a multi-channel marketing platform with a ton of features. SendPulse is free up to 500 contacts.
- Zoho Campaigns: It’s an email marketing tool by Zoho. You can send up to 12,000 emails per month to up to 2,000 subscribers using Zoho Campaigns.
- Mailjet: Using its free plan you can send up to 6,000 emails per month at no cost.
- Moonsend: It’s a marketing platform that allows you to send unlimited emails for free.
These are not tools technically but can still help you to up your marketing game.
- Appsumo: It’s a software deal site for entrepreneurs to make money online. They generally offer lifetime software deals and huge discounts on small business tools compared to the list price. They also provide a lot of deals for free.
- Product Hunt: Product Hunt is a website that lets users share and discover new products. It’s a gold mine for finding free marketing tools.
- Buffer: Buffer is a social media scheduling tool that you can use to schedule posts to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Blog Ideas Generator: HubSpot’s free Blog Ideas Generator tool gives you a year’s worth of blog post ideas in a matter of seconds.
- Coschedule Headline Analyzer: The Headline Analyzer scores your overall headline quality
and rates its ability to result in social shares, increased traffic, and SEO value.
I think I did it.
I’ve created the most comprehensive list of free digital marketing tools available for marketers. In this post I have listed 101 digital marketing tools with a usable free plan.
But there’s always scope for growing the list. If you know of a free tool that I should include in this list, let me know in the comments section.
Let’s grow this list together!